Friday, June 29, 2012

tattoo lovin'


people seem shocked sometimes to find out that i have tattoos. usually the first one people notice is the one on my wrist. it's one of my favorite verses, hebrews 11:1 "now faith is the assurance of things hoped for; the conviction of things not seen" i got it as a reminder for when i'm low on my faith, whether it be my faith in God or my faith in people (usually the latter). sometimes when i am struggling, my friend will tell me "you gotta have faith, just like your wrist does" it's a daily reminder that is not a one time decision, it's an every day, sometimes multiple times a day, decision. it takes work but it's worth it.



the second tattoo i got was these music notes and heart on my ankle. ideally the notes would have been the size they are on sheet music, but he said he wouldn't be able to do it that small, so we enlarged it a bit. i got this one because music is a huge part of my life, and i have a deep love for it. i almost always have some type of music playing, and i love pretty much all of it. i love to sing, and dabble in piano. i'm not sure where i would be if i didn't have music in my life. it definitely ups my mood no matter what.


my most recent tattoo is a reminder that i don't need to over think everything as much as i do. (and it kinda ties the other two together) i am horrible about over-analyzing almost every decision i make. it's possibly part of why i am so indecisive. sometimes i need to be reminded that not everything has a different meaning. not everything has horrible consequences. sometimes instead of thinking about it, i need to just go for it. 

i love my tattoos, and i don't regret getting them. there are a few more that i want, and they all have meanings behind them, despite what my parents think. (they think i just go out and get them without thinking, which is very much not true) tattoos are like scars, they are part of your story, and a way of showing who you are. i don't plan on going over board with my tattoos. i love hearing stories about why people get the tattoos that they have. i have yet to meet someone who got a tattoo just for the fun of it, there is usually a story behind it. 

what are your views of tattoos? if you have any, what are they of?

No comments: