Thursday, May 31, 2012

this past month, my church read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. i finished it today, and loved this journey. Proverbs has so much good wisdom for anyone. it's a great read for all. at the start of the month i had asked my friend rose to join me in reading, and she agreed to read along. we would meet once every week or so to discuss what we read. i loved spending that time with her and hearing what she took from it and being able to tell her what i got from it. plus i just love spending time with her. i'm so blessed to have her in my life.

maybe it's because i'm a girl, but i've always loved reading Proverbs 31. this chapter tells me what i need to strive to be like, and how i should live my life as a woman of God. the above pictures is one of my favorite verses. looks are always changing, fads hardly even make it a whole season, but what is in your heart is always the same. yes, i like being told i look nice (what girl doesn't), but it's only nice for that day, or that outfit. but i feel better when people compliment my heart, or the actions i make intentionally. your actions speak what is in your heart.

i love when my church does readings together. we've had two this year already. it's encouraging to know that i am not alone, and that i have friends who are there to help keep me accountable, and are willing to meet with me and talk with me about it.

how do you go through Bible readings?

No comments: